Thursday, July 19, 2012

15 Minutes Of Fame Part 1

Psalm 75:6 For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south.....But God is the judge who putteth down one nad setteh up another.....
It was a late sunday night back in 2002 , my wife and I was heading back from a service I was holding back in the hills of a little town, cadiz , ohio . Home of a little Clark Gable who would grow up to go to hollywood and be a screen star. Cadiz is probably about 40 minutes from me . We got home around 11:00 pm and I walked over to check the voice mail on the phone. The first message went something like this. Hello, this is wwva radio station calling you concerning our star quest contest. We got some information on you off the internet and wondered if you wanted to be a contestant in our up coming contest. The 1st prize winner will recieve a check for a thousand dollars and get a spot at Jamboree in the hills ? If your intrested please call ..phone nbr and ask for ...[ name omitted ] for reasons. Would I call ? Was I intrested ? You gotta be kiddin ! The Capitol Music Hall in Wheeling WV was where every major Singer in country music played and sang . Everyone from Jerry Lee to George Jones ect... sang there at one time or another. Jimmy Swaggart and others have even held their crusades there back in the day.I had only one question to ask of them. Would they let me enter the contest even though I was a Gospel pianoist and Singer ?
To Be Continued.................................
Bobbys headed to Star Quest




1 comment: