Saturday, June 30, 2012

Silent Reflections

I woke up this morning just laying there thinking. Ever do that ? It was rare for me as I seldom get to do that. Life is such a rush and so many things I want to get done, that generally I just get up quick and get started when I'm home. Of course its in my make up. Sleep to me is a waste of time , but a necessary thing. I was laying there contemplating how very imperative it is to just get alone and think and pray. No wonder we lose our creative powers. We cannot hear from God in a rush. He is not in a hurry so we might as well just slow down and take time for him. As I travel around I can see why people don't get alone. There is no where to go to be alone. I was crossing the Arizona dessert last week and it was wall to wall traffic. Any where you go today, even in a country setting , your going to see someone out riding around or going somewhere. My greatest times of creativity or hearing from God is my getting alone some where with him. I encourage you today to shut the world down in your life as much as possible and be refreshed.     God Bless!!


Ecclesiastes 3:1 To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose......

No comments:

Post a Comment