Monday, May 21, 2012

Dreams That Never Were


Jeremiah 29:11 I know the plans I have for you , plans to prosper you and give you a future ...

Ever had your life planned only to find years later , it never turned out the way you planned ?  I was always a dreamer as it were , when I started teaching myself to play piano.,  and I was going to do big things with my music. My dreams kept me going . As I progressed in my music ,  times were changing constantly and so was the" styles of music".  I hadn't planned on that one.  By the time I felt  I could actually be confident and begin to make a mark in the music world , everything  had changed.                                                                                         They used to call my music rock and roll in the church world , and wouldn't let me play the style I had developed.  As years went by they wouldn't let me play because it was to old fashioned . We can spend a lifetime chasing after something that will never be. There has to come a point when we realize , "hey this isn't working", and let go.  I had always thought I was seeking Gods leading in my pursuits , but found I probably wanted my way more than his. Dreams of what we do with our talents and gifts are wonderful as long as we let God be at the head of them. To many times we plan something and ask God to bless it, when we should see what he planned , and then it will be blessed. May you be blessed as you pursue his dreams for your life !

God bless you on your journey !





No comments:

Post a Comment